Friday, July 1, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 2

Elevator pitch: take two. I've gone back and added some changes to my first elevator pitch. I didn't receive as much feedback as I hoped for Elevator Pitch No. 1, so I don't have much information to base a reflection off of. The one comment I got discussed how important the reward system is to incentivizing people to recycle. Based on that, I tried to focus more on explaining how Recycle Rewards will motivate and reward people in my pitch. 

Pitch:


Script:

My name is Carolyn Ward and my product is Recycle Rewards. I believe that this free app will be able to transform the meaning of recycling. According to Duke University, the average person throws out 4.3 pounds of garbage a day. That's about 30 pounds a week! The EPA estimates that 75% of American waste is recyclable but we only recycle around 30%. People are clearly not recycling as efficiently as they should be. So why is that? After conducting research, I discovered that people do not recycle because they believe it is time-consuming, they forget, or are unclear of what is and isn’t recyclable.

So how do we counter those beliefs? Recycle Rewards’ goal is to make recycling an easier and more rewarding process by providing local and general recycling information, and incentives for recycling. Users earn coupons redeemable in stores when they track their recycling habits. Our technology will feature a high tech scanner that recognizes thousands of barcodes and an intuitive platform that will allow our users to become knowledgeable recyclers. Our goal is to incentivize people to take a minute to do something good for the Earth. The Earth benefits, and so do our customers.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your script of your elevator pitch, you seem sincerely knowledgable about your idea and through that you can justify your business venture. You also seem passionate about your idea which I believe is very key to this whole assignment. Overall I think you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn,
    You did an excellent job on your elevator pitch. It didn't sound mechanical and you gave alot of information about what your product can do for people in a very short amount of time. Everything flowed and it wasn't boring at all. Keep doing great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,
    You did an excellent job on your elevator pitch. It didn't sound mechanical and you gave alot of information about what your product can do for people in a very short amount of time. Everything flowed and it wasn't boring at all. Keep doing great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. carolyn,
    your pitch was very genuine. your a great speaker and really allowed me to listen to what you were saying. it seemed that you cared alot for your product idea and genuinely believed in it which made me believe in it too. i think its a great cause and something you wont have trouble getting people to relate to. i though this pitch was much more refined keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete