Friday, July 15, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3

Third time is the charm, right? I'm doing my third elevator pitch on Recycle Rewards. Again, I am supposed to be taking feedback from my last pitch and applying it. All of the comments from my "Elevator Pitch No. 2" were positive and didn't really include any constructive criticism. Because of that, I am going back and making minor changes to my pitch based off of what I personally think could enhance it. The main change I made was that I reduced the number of statistics I provided in order to use that time to discuss the details of my app more in depth.

Pitch:

Elevator Pitch 3

Script:

My name is Carolyn Ward and my product, Recycle Rewards, is going to transform the way Americans recycle. We live in a world where recycling is not nearly as efficient as it should be. According to the EPA, Americans only recycle about 30% of their recyclable materials. Why is that? How can we do better?  Research shows that the main reasons people do not recycle are because it is too time-consuming, they forget, or are simply unclear of what is or isn't recyclable.

What we have here is a problem that can easily be fixed. Recycle Rewards is designed to make recycling an easier and more rewarding process.This app will provide incentives for recycling as well as local and general recycling information. Users unlock credits when they track their recycling habits and are given the option to earn coupons redeemable in stores or to use their credits towards donations. Our technology will feature a high tech scanner that recognizes thousands of barcodes and an intuitive platform that will allow our users to become knowledgeable recyclers. Our goal is to incentivize people to make smarter recycling decisions. The Earth benefits, and so do our customers.

3 comments:

  1. I think you have a really good concept here. Your pitch was excellent and moving. I really think your app could help the way people look at recycling. Maybe people wouldn't be so lazy about putting trash in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you propose the questions and than answer them. I also think you demonstrate great confidence in the future success of your product. I guess my only piece of constructive criticism is that I am a little foggy about your revenue stream based on this pitch. Other than that great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so passionate about this concept. I know you will make this work. You have all the information there that I would need to know and to get the audience excited. You have done a wonderful job. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete